Friday, March 23, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

Has something ever happened in the blink of an eye that changed your life forever? I would seriously have a hard time counting mine on my fingers AND toes. Scary huh? Through the trials and tribulations of my young life, I have seen more tragedy and lost more special people then I care to admit.  But that hasn't hardened my outlook on life, in fact it makes me cherish each and every day. 

Two of the most important people in my life, died suddenly. One when I was a baby (read here) and another when I was the ripe young age of 14 (more to come on that). Both of these lives ended abruptly but yet taught me a very important life lesson: Live for today. Yes dream of the future and do what you can to make it better, but do not forget the here and now.  You honestly never know what tomorrow will bring, or if it will bring anything at all. So live it up, do it when you get the chance, don't save it for a rainy day, because what if that rainy day doesn't come? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment